Summary: Smoking hemp flower is becoming more popular, especially if you select a quality hemp strain that has been bred to deliver the desired effects. So it comes as no wonder why Berkshire CBD has selected to plant quality strains and pair with small farms that have established proper farming techniques to deliver excellent crops. Berkshire CBD also makes third-party lab tests on all its products, with results published online. Customers get to see the composition of each strain in terms of cannabinoids. But what we found well is the terpene profile on each strain, as it is the terpenes in the hemp flowers that bring the specific effects.
Also, Berkshire CBD makes full-spectrum CBD hemp oil from single strains that have good terpene profiles to support the intended effects. So, if smoking CBD-rich hemp flower appeals to you, Berkshire CBD is the brand you should definitely try.
Berkshire CBD Oil
Berkshire CBD is a company founded from the efforts of a family of hemp farmers and a collective of enthusiasts that work on improving industrial hemp strains. This Vermont-based brand cooperates with small hemp farmers that use organic and regenerative farming methods and use hemp strains with proven genetics to create an especially high-quality hemp product. To bring a premium CBD-rich hemp flower to the market, Berkshire CBD uses strains that naturally have a low content of THC. Paired with the healthy soil they plant the hemp on, Berkshire CBD’s hemp flowers stand out above the competition. The company tests all its products for quality and potency, and the tests are done in the Pro Verde Labs.
Berkshire CBD only sells its products online, through their site. Since the nature of their products is a little delicate, they use double bags with heat seals to avoid any odor or damage of the hemp flower. Also, to help its customers, Berkshire CBD offers free shipping on all orders over $50, but they do not offer a return option due to the current global crisis.
Products By Berkshire
Berkshire CBD has very recently started making CBD oils. These are made in small batches and contain full-spectrum CBD hemp extract. They come in three versions, all are organic, and contain natural ingredients. To improve the natural flavor of the raw full-spectrum extract, Berkshire CBD adds natural chocolate mint flavor to its tinctures. Here are the three CBD tinctures, named for the effect they support:
- Calm – full-spectrum CBD hemp extract blended with organic MCT oil derived from coconuts, this oil is a good product to use when looking for anxiety relief. It is made from a single strain that has specific terpenes supporting anxiety relief like limonene, linalool, and beta-caryophyllene. It comes in bottles of 15 ml in two strengths: 375 mg and 750 mg of CBD per bottle.
- Rest – a full-spectrum hemp extract derived from a single strain that has an abundance of specific terpenes to promote rest, this CBD tincture is a great choice when you need some downtime. Berkshire CBD makes this in small batches and uses organic MCT oil from coconuts as a carrier oil. The Rest tincture contains the terpene myrcene that has a relaxation-inducing effect. This oil is packed in small 15 ml bottles with 375 and 750 mg of CBD per bottle.
- Relief – this CBD oil tincture by Berkshire CBD is made from a single strain-derived full-spectrum extract blended with MCT coconut oil. The strain for this oil is specifically selected for its relief-inducing terpenes like alpha-pinene, caryophyllene, and humulene. These work alongside CBD and the other active cannabinoids in the blend to provide relief from pains and aches. Berkshire CBD packs its CBD oil in 15 ml bottles and they come in two concentrations of 375 and 750 mg of CBD per bottle.
CBD Hemp Flower
Berkshire CBD has divided the CBD hemp flower several categories and people can select from outdoor grown and indoor-grown hemp flower and pre-rolls. Each strain is grown with an emphasis on CBD content while keeping the THC content as low as possible so they stay within legal standards of less than 0.3%. The flowers are handpicked and cured in a slow 60-day curing process to ensure all of the useful components remain in the flowers.
The Berkshire CBD website lists its hemp flowers by strain and here is an overview of all the available strains. These are all available in different sized packages like 1 gram, 3.5 grams, 7 grams, 14 grams, and 28 grams or 1-ounce packs. Based on research, I do not believe they sell CBD joints pre-rolled.
- Abacus – indica-dominant strain with relaxing effects
- Bubba Kush – indica-dominant strain with powerful relaxing effects
- Frosted Lime – hybrid strain with uplifting effects on the mind and relaxing effect on the body
- Sour Dog – sativa-dominant strain with uplifting effect on the mind and body of dogs
- OG Kush – indica-dominant strain for a mellow, relaxing effect
- Legendary – indica-dominant strain with full-body relaxation effect
- Hawaiian Haze – hybrid strain with excellent relaxing effects
- Sour Space Candy – hybrid strain with relaxing effect on the body and invigorating the mind
- Remedy – indica-dominant strain with deep relaxing and sleepy effects
- Lifer – sativa-dominant strain with uplifting and creative effects
- Cherry Wine – indica-dominant strain with strong relaxing effects
- Suver Haze – indica-dominant strain with sleepy effects
- Special Sauce – indica-dominant strain with relaxing effects
- White CBG – hybrid strain with high CBG content, this has an “enlivened calm” effect
- Elektra – sativa-dominant strain with excellent uplifting and energizing effects
- Lemon Drop – sativa-dominant strain with uplifting effect on the body and focusing the mind
- Sour Tsunami – indica-dominant strain with deep relaxation effect
Berkshire CBD also sells pre-rolls made with 1 gram of raw hemp flower per pre-roll. You can select between several strains depending on your preferences. Also, you can purchase collections of sample-sized bags of hemp flowers. These come with selected effects and you can select between Daytime, Downtime, Anytime, Energized and Creative, Soothe and Relieve, and Rest and Mindfulness. Not sure if you caught this from above, but they do have a hemp flower product for dogs called Sour Dog. Check that out for your furry friend too!
Berkshire CBD has a special indoor-grown line of hemp flower named Cannaflower. These come in 3.5-gram boxes and are labeled for the main terpenes they contain and the effects they bring. You can also buy these as pre-rolled joints packed in boxes of five. Select between four mood-inducing effects:
- Calm – containing an abundance of myrcene and beta-caryophyllene, this strain promotes relaxation and soothing effect.
- Lift – with a high content of limonene, linalool, and humulene, this is a particularly uplifting strain that gets the creative juices flowing.
- Joy – rich in beta-caryophyllene and alpha-pinene, this is a strain that relaxes the body but stimulates the mind.
- Rest – with plenty of myrcene and borneol, this hemp flower can help you unwind after a stressful day and promote comfort.
Pros and cons
- Family-owned business
- US-grown hemp on small farms
- Independent lab tests published online
- Excellent selection of strains
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- No international shipping
- Limited variety of products
Berkshire CBD is a family-owned and family-run CBD company that was founded from the desire to grow industrial hemp with increased quality and terpene profiles. To ensure they have good quality hemp, Berkshire CBD uses the services of an independent lab and publishes the results online. Their main product is a hemp flower that is hand-picked and cured slowly to preserve most of the active cannabinoids and terpenes in the flowers.
They also make high-quality full-spectrum CBD oil tinctures from select single strain extracts. This way, Berkshire CBD can offer CBD oils with targeted effects. The website is very modern, with plenty of information on each product and the company, and judging from all the data we found, Berkshire CBD is a proper CBD brand with quality products.