New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy on Tuesday signed a invoice to broaden the state’s medical marijuana program, a day after his administration introduced plans to problem 24 further MMJ licenses.
The enlargement plans will provide vital enterprise alternatives in gentle of the New Jersey Legislature’s failure to legalize leisure marijuana.
Speedy affected person enrollment and persevering with sturdy enterprise license exercise have translated into excessive gross sales.
New Jersey’s new medical cannabis law places in place quite a few modifications designed to extend licenses and affected person entry, though a few of these have already got been introduced or instituted by Murphy’s administration.
For instance, the measure:
- Creates particular person cultivation, manufacturing and dispensary permits and likewise will increase the variety of cultivation permits. So far, solely 12 vertically built-in licenses have been issued.
- Phases out the state’s 6.625% MMJ gross sales tax over three years.
- Establishes a five-member Hashish Regulatory Fee to supervise the state’s MMJ program, eradicating it from the state Division of Well being.
- Permits doctor assistants and advanced-practice nurses to suggest medical cannabis. State legislation beforehand allowed solely medical doctors to make suggestions.
– Related Press and Marijuana Enterprise Each day